Mother’s Day is around the corner, and it’s time to remind the special women in our lives of our love and gratitude for all that they do. Whether you are buying something for your Mother, Mother-in-Law, Grandmother, or a new Mom, you will find ideas here that won’t break the bank, but will leave a lasting impression. We even have ideas for last minute!
Before you decide on what to give, think about the personality of the person that you are shopping for. Are they into yoga, exercise or something active? Are they the “knit sweaters for grandchildren” and bake cookies type? Or maybe you have a sister or friend that is a new mother and is sleep deprived and needs something to make her feel special. Once you put yourself in the recipient’s shoes, it is easier to imagine what type of gift they might like.
The average American spends about $150-$200 on Mother’s Day gifts each year. You may have more than one mom to buy for, which makes things even trickier if you are a budget. Confusion may arise from not knowing their particular taste. Do they like jewelry? If so, they might not like the silver you buy, and prefer gold. Are their ears pierced? Can you even remember looking at their ears? You might go for the traditional flowers, which are lovely, but are gone in a week. Sometimes, the best Mother’s Day gift ideas are those that are the most simple, gifts that encourage self-care and offer unique moments.
With self-care in mind, and to simplify your decision for spending, we have come up with lovely skin care gifts for moms that are not only luxurious, but are actually good for the skin. We have suggested pairing our products with things you may have already imagined, which will really wow her. Let us help you make it easy to give your Mom, or special maternal figure in your life, a wonderful gift.
For the New Mom – New Mothers have a special need… sleep! While you may not be able to give the gift of sleep without offering to babysit overnight (a great idea), here is a cute way to give them the next best thing:
- Consider creating your own care package for her with the following: A coffee cup that reflects her personality with a sweet quote, or a mug designed in a unique, floral print. You can fill the coffee mug with a coffee gift certificate, or include a pound of her favorite coffee or tea with it. Add Awaken Revitalizing Eye Serum, with its light and effective blend of coffee, green tea, peptides for wrinkles, and cucumber, pomegranate and caffeine to brighten the eye area. This light serum can be used morning and night to wake up the eyes, and contains hyaluronic acid to help restore youth and vitality to the eye area.
- If you really want to melt her heart, consider adding a certificate that you make for two hours of free babysitting. Even if she doesn’t leave the house, few moms will say no to going into a hot bubble bath, or having peace to read a book or go for a walk alone. Other options are a mascara or eye shadow to follow the eye theme, or a sleep mask to follow the sleep theme.
For the Busy Mom – whether she is a career woman, a woman with 5 children, or just someone who has a very full calendar, the busy mom requires something to help her relax. Here is an idea to melt her stress away once and for all:
- Fans of Ayr Skin Care’s Tranquility Dry Body Oil swear by its ability to let you drift off to a good night’s sleep. For the best night of sleep, take a warm bath, with or without Epsom salts, and lightly towel dry. Use a few pumps of the body oil which is infused with essential oils like lavender, sandalwood, and neroli, all of which work to relax the mind through aromatherapy. She will feel like a queen, her mind will be at peace, and her skin will be soft and supple.
- For a lovely skin care gift set for Mom, pair this oil with its matching Tranquility Hand Cream or our Dead Sea Soap. The 23 minerals from the Dead Sea and Cambrian blue clay combine to nourish the body and soften the skin. Including a peaceful music CD or playlist is another idea that would blend well with this sleep package.
For the Gal on the Go – Whether she’s got the travel bug or is a woman whose business has her off and running across the country, some of the best Mother’s Day gift ideas for her may be travel accessories. Here is a way to help her with just what she needs:
- Even if a woman has a travel bag, or a cosmetic bag for travel, do not assume she will not want a new one! Cosmetic bags, in particular, are inexpensive. You can find a good one for under $20, and you can toss in a few travel sized containers that are easily found on Amazon or at a drugstore.
- We recommend giving her the Travel Face & Body Duo, which combines travel sizes of the Calm Facial Bar and Dead Sea body bar. The small bars will last for months and can be used time and again on trips. Consider buying her two plastic travel soap boxes in which they will ultimately rest. When looking for a travel makeup bag, consider her personality. Is she chic? If so, look for gold and black. Is she playful? How about a spring floral pattern? Does she enjoy outrageous prints? Look around: there is a world of patterns, and we are sure she will be delighted by whichever you choose!
- If you have extra money to spare, you can include the luxurious Pure Moisture Face Cream, which is good for most women over the age of 30, or those with dry or sensitive skin. It feels as soft as silk, but does not contain silicones, which will make her skin happy. It contains powerful ingredients to create a moisture well that lasts for 72 hours, replenishing moisture deep within the skin.
For the Mature Mom or Grandma – Was she the one that helped you when your parents didn’t understand you? Did she secretly sneak you cookies when you needed them? Perhaps your Grandma is the one who raised you? What would she love? Skin care gifts for older moms and grandmothers will help skin feel revitalized and help them feel even more radiant than they already are.
- If Mom is over 40, it may be time for a night cream for extra pampering and care. Same goes for Grandma! More mature or dry skin has special needs. Finding a night that is simultaneously moisturizing and deeply nourishing, without harsh chemicals or silicones, may be just what she needs. Why not treat her to the Restore Night Cream? In the beautiful airless pump jar, this will keep her happy… a little goes a long way, and she will enjoy it for months to come. Perhaps you could pair the night cream with a pair of soft pajamas or beautiful kimono-style robe, if you really want to splurge. If not, a lovely night cream is always welcome.
- If she works with her hands a lot either at home or at work, or she needs a nourishing hand cream to put on at the end of the day, the Tranquility Hand Cream paired with a gift certificate for your local nail salon may the best gift idea. For moms, our hand cream is designed with natural, anti-aging moisturizers, such as organic vegan butters and oils. The cream also contains organic mulberry root extract, which is a natural alternative to harsh chemicals, and may help with skin lightening and evening of age spots. Either way, this cream is a luxury that is a far cry from your drugstore cream in a tube.
Whatever you decide to do for Mother’s Day, we hope that you are able to find that perfect gift that says that you care. If you find that you are down to the last moment, and no ideas in sight, remember that Ayr Skin Care also offers gift certificates for skin care. For all the moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day! Please remember, the world is a better place because of all that you do, and because of all that you are.
If you have any questions or comments, we would be happy to answer you personally! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.