We don’t know about you, but at Ayr Skin Care, we always seem to have a ton of nervous energy surrounding us during December. It seems so much is expected of us as mothers, daughters, business women, students, and every other role that we carry. Even the things that usually make us feel good, like charity work, can seem like just more on our plate, and it’s easy to fall victim to feeling sorry for yourself. How can we do all that we need to do during the holiday season without being so stressed? Read on for our top holiday stress relief tips, as well as some of our most effective stress relief products.
Easier to Be a Child
When we were children, December was a month of wonder. There were lights to see, gifts and toys to play with, extra treats, and special music. If you were lucky, you even a chance to build a snowman or make a snow angel! As a grownup, the holidays are a very different affair.
If you’re lucky enough to be around children during the holiday season, you may be able to participate in their activities and relive the joy of the season. Some, aren’t so lucky, though, and may be battling melancholy feelings of seasonal depression. Our holiday stress relief tips are meant to help everyone find joy during the holidays and rediscover the excitement of your youth.
How to Enjoy December
Here are some of our top holiday stress relief tips:
- Live in the present moment. By taking one moment at a time, we can stay focused and not worry in advance about the rest of the schedule. Try not to worry about what you should have done, or what you will do tomorrow, and focus on smaller amounts of time in your mind.
- Start a new practice for yourself and add some quiet time to your day. Whether it is prayer, meditation, breathing exercises, listening to soft music, or writing in a journal, a new practice can be rejuvenating. It will allow you to find a window of time each day to recharge your batteries.
- Delegate! This is our favorite word. Take a long list of what you have laid out for yourself this holiday season, and see if there are any things that you can delegate. Asking for help is a crucial holiday stress relief tip. While it’s easy for some, it can be difficult for others. But, the minute you ask for help, you’ll find that some of the stress falls away. Ask for small things: that a neighbor drop a package at the post office or that your family help you cook for the big dinner.
- Take time to smell the pine trees. Seriously. Whether you need to buy a tree or not, get into a tree lot, or take a walk in a forest. Pine is a very comforting form of aromatherapy. You will feel better having gotten outside, and you can also remind yourself that you are taking a moment for your sanity.
- Speaking of aromatherapy, one of our favorite holiday stress relief tips is to use a diffuser. We like to fill it with essential oils of cinnamon, clove, and ginger or maybe peppermint if I want to be invigorated. Peaceful scents include cedar wood, spruce, and citrus, or frankincense if you want to splurge! If you don’t want typical seasonal blends, try diffusing lavender for peaceful thoughts.
- You can also indulge in a DIY facial with your friends or family to ease holiday stress. Try a spa day with our stress relief products like the Calm Facial Bar or Tranquility Dry Body Oil.
Finding Simple Moments of Joy
Along with moments of peace in the middle of the month, we can also take time to find moments of joy in our day. Taking time to sort out what activities are worth the effort for your time is an important holiday stress relief tip. Once you organize your schedule, you’ll find that it’s easier to take time to help others, and you’ll find more joy in it.
Whatever you choose to do this month, choose it for the right reason, do it with intention and a smile, and take time for yourself to rejuvenate at home with our stress relief products.
Enjoy the Season!
Bye for now!